I was having a rather odd conversation with my girlfriend in which she challenged me to make a list of ways to keep your hands warm at a cold bus stop. So, here it is!
- Jog on the spot. You’ll get funny looks from everyone around you, but they’ll be jealous deep down.
- Bring a jar of jam (jelly to my American friends) and shove your fingers inside. Do it and then tell me I’m wrong!
- Wear your shoes on your hands. Nobody asked me about feet…
- Jump rope. Bonus points if you continue to jump it while getting on the bus.
- Steal a cat as it passes by and hug it to your body. Make sure to cover your hands with its fur. Say “Who’s a good girl? You are, Snuggles!” every few minutes to avoid getting arrested.
- It’s a bit out there, but try wearing gloves.
- Learn to time your journeys better. Maybe next time you won’t be waiting long for the bus and can get on it.
So there you go, the seven secrets to warm hands! It is at this point that I should probably warn you that I refuse to take any accountability for any sickness, arrests or public beatings you may receive on behalf of these seven methods (Especially #6 – people really hate gloves…).