Don’t worry, this blog isn’t disappearing. Far from it. I’m currently in the final throws of college stress with four essays to soldier through and two terrible exams to slay. Then, on May 9th, I will hopefully never have work to do for my degree again!
I have a writing plan for then and the Summer, which I’ll be posting tomorrow, so if you’re having a lazy Easter you can check it out.
However, I’m also going to be launching a new blog in May. May 12th, to be precise. For now I’m preparing posts, etc. so that I can hopefully get a snowballing momentum. But I need help. And that’s where you guys come in!
The entire focus of the new blog is on old school gaming. Board games, card games and even RPGs (simple and difficult). But I’m targeting it at families. I want to do my bit in getting the kids off the xbox and keeping the creative intellect in our society at its peak. In tough financial times it is the innovative who thrive most, so why not do our bit in promoting this?
The blog will have a variety of posts, including:
- How-To guides for making original games of all varieties
- Guides and tips on getting the best store-bought games with the best replay ability, so you don’t buy a flop (There’s more than just monopoly out there!)
- Suggestions for on-the-go travel games, for the family that has less time with their kids but still wants quality time
- Articles/essays on gaming, in relation to kids/adults/families and even economics
- Sources to similar sites and blogs to help get you more ideas
- Journals/text recordings of games which I will play with the blog’s followers, via email (for entertainment value)
- And much, much more!
But as we all know, starting a blog is always a tough ordeal and maintaining one is even tougher. I’m going to give this a good bash regardless of the reception it gets, but I’d be lying if I said help wouldn’t be a massive aid and hugely appreciated.
And that’s why I’m inviting you guys to help me get my blog off of the ground by preparing for it’s official launch party on May 12th. What can you do? As much or as little as you want! Mainly, I’ll be hoping for reblogs when it launches but if anyone is happy to help out majorly, I have a lot of promotional things planned. Each will be fun and free to do and, of course, it will be linked back to your blog so you get some traffic, as well as the joy of being credited and thanked.
So if any of you guys want to help me out with the launch and maybe get a few kids more engaged with their brains, comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can figure out from there what you can do or want to do to help. :)
NOTE: The blog is not against electronic gaming, as I believe it has a lot of the same benefits of old school games, if played in a certain way. The blog will also promote a more stimulating and educational way of playing console games, with a continued emphasis on cutting down on hours at the TV.